- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɹæktɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈtɹæktə/
- Rhymes: -æktə(ɹ)
retractor (plural retractors)
- One who, or that which, retracts.
- In breech-loading firearms, a device for withdrawing a cartridge shell from the barrel.
- A surgical instrument used to hold apart the edges of an incision or wound.
- (chess) A chess puzzle in which a number of moves are retracted and the solver is challenged to reach an alternate outcome.
a surgical instrument used to hold apart the edges of an incision or wound