- Of or relating to one or more rudiments.
- I have only a rudimentary grasp of chemistry.
- Basic; minimal; with less than, or only the minimum, necessary.
- His grasp of rudimentary English allowed him at least to do the shopping.
- His rudimentary driving skills meant that he was a danger on the road.
2017 April 6, Samira Shackle, “On the frontline with Karachi’s ambulance drivers”, in the Guardian:
- Safdar, in his rudimentary ambulance, has been at the frontline of the shifting conflicts consuming his city, placing himself at huge personal risk for very little money.
of or relating to rudiments
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
rudimentary (plural rudimentaries)