Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (literal sense) To wish someone farewell upon their leaving.
- 1967, Lennon–McCartney (lyrics and music), “Hello, Goodbye”, performed by The Beatles:
- Hello, hello / I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
- (idiomatic) To separate from someone or something.
- Say goodbye to long waits at the airport with our new preboarding service.
- If we can't agree on whether to have children, maybe it's time to say goodbye.
- (separate from someone): take one's leave
wish someone farewell upon their leaving