Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A temporary modular system of tubes (or formerly wood) forming a framework used to support people and material in the construction or repair of buildings and other large structures.
- 2007 December 21, The New York Times, “Museum and Gallery Listings”, in New York Times:
- […] transparent scaffoldings partially draped with often hallucinatory nets of lines, gouges, hatching and cross-hatching that somehow also depict varying degrees of flesh, features and expression.
- (programming) Source code etc. that is incomplete and serves as a basis for further development.
- (figuratively) Any framework or support.
system of tubes or poles used to support people and material