Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: setdown
- (idiomatic, transitive) To write.
- I set down this account so others may benefit from my experience.
- Some rules were to be set down for the government of the army.
- (transitive) To fix; to establish; to ordain.
- This law we may name eternal, being that order which God […] hath set down with himself, for himself to do all things by.
- (transitive) To place, especially on the ground or a surface; to cease carrying; to allow passengers to alight.
- (obsolete, transitive) To humiliate.
to place on a surface