Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
snackbar (plural snackbars)
- Alternative form of
1967, The federal reporter - Volume 370, page 207:
- On February 1, 1964, while the Council and the Clerks were thus engaged, inter alia, in negotiating wage rates for the unrepresented snackbar employees on a multiemployer basis, the Joint Board, on behalf of affiliated unions representing culinary workers in the Los Angeles area, entered into an exclusive bargaining contract with Boy's covering all snackbar workers of Boy's in four stores in Los Angeles County.
2005 May 4, Max Planck Society, “Anammox Bacteria Produce Nitrogen Gas In Oceans' Snackbar”, in Science Daily:
- The Benguela current system leads to upwelling of nutrient-rich cold water off the coast of Namibia and acts as a kind of snackbar in the tropical ocean, which is visited by many animals including giant whales.
- (graphical user interface) A component on the Android operating system that displays a panel of buttons from which users can select how to proceed.
2015 September 24, Cody Toombs, “Chrome Dev For Android Now Shows A Snackbar For Completed Downloads”, in Android Police:
- Users can now look forward to seeing a snackbar open up each time a download completes.
2015 September 25, Taha Qureshi, “Android Chrome Dev. Shows A 'Snackbar' When Downloads Complete”, in Tech News Today:
- Chrome Dev. on Google's own Android platform received a new update where users would be able to see a snackbar when downloads complete.
2015 December 4, “Google Chrome 47 for Android Brings Download 'Snackbar' and More”, in NDTV:
- Chrome 47 for Android now shows a snackbar at the bottom of the screen whenever a download has been completed.