Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Disparaging or derisive in an insinuative way.
- Don't make snide remarks to me.
- 2010, Aaron Sorkin, The Social Network, spoken by Erica Albright (Rooney Mara):
- You write your snide bullshit from a dark room because that's what the angry do nowadays. I was nice to you, don't torture me for it.
- Tricky; deceptive; false; spurious; contemptible.
- He was a snide lawyer.
- I received a shipment of snide goods.
- ^ Whitney, The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, "snide".
- (countable) An underhanded, tricky person given to sharp practise; a sharper; a cheat.
- (uncountable) counterfeit money