so be it
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: sobeit
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) An indication of acceptance, especially of a situation which is not entirely favorable.
- 1851 November 14, Herman Melville, chapter 99, in Moby-Dick; or, The Whale, 1st American edition, New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers; London: Richard Bentley, OCLC 57395299:
- From storm to storm! So be it, then. Born in throes, 't is fit that man should live in pains and die in pangs! So be it, then! Here's stout stuff for woe to work on. So be it, then.
- 2009 February 22, “ABC This Week with George Stephanopoulos”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- It doesn't matter which party it is. If the people choose one, a Democrat, then so be it.
indication of acceptance