Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: speedup
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To accelerate; to increase speed.
- The car sped up as it went around the corner.
- (transitive) To increase the speed of something; to make something go faster.
- You shouldn't speed up your car when you go around corners.
increase speed (intransitive)
increase speed (transitive)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.