Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: SQUID
Unknown. Perhaps related to squirt.
squid (plural squids or squid)
- Any of several carnivorous marine cephalopod mollusks, of the order Teuthida, having a mantle, eight arms, and a pair of tentacles
- A fishhook with a piece of bright lead, bone, or other substance fastened on its shank to imitate a squid.
- (mildly pejorative) A sailor in the Navy.
- (Britain, slang, humorous, rare) A quid; one pound sterling.
- Can you lend me five squid? I feel like a bacon sarnie.
squid (plural squids)
- (slang, motorcycling, pejorative) A motorcyclist characterized by lack of riding gear, reckless/careless/unsafe riding, especially of sport bikers.
- "In my mind, a street squid is anyone who races on the street. Period."1
- "squid: a cocky motorcyclist who darts very aggressively through traffic"2
- Harrison, Greg. Son of Squid. American Motorcyclist. Vol. 41, No. 8. ISSN 0277-9358. p. 5. Aug 1987
- Hough, David L. (2000), Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well (2nd ed.), USA: BowTie Press, p. 253, ISBN 1889540536, 9781889540535, p. 253.