Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) arouse or excite passion or action.
- What one man can do himself directly is but little. If however he can stir up ten others to take up the task he has accomplished much - Wilbur Wright
- (transitive) mix ingredients.
- (transitive) to move or disturb slightly, to make turbid.
arouse or excite passion or action
to cause (trouble etc)
to mix ingredients
to make turbid
- “stir up” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- "stir up" in the Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary (Beta Version), K Dictionaries limited, 2000-2006.
- "stir up" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.