Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsʌnˌflaʊ.ɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsʌnˌflaʊə/
- Hyphenation: sun‧flow‧er
sunflower (plural sunflowers)
- Any plant of the genus Helianthus, so called probably from the form and color of its floral head, having the form of a large disk surrounded by yellow ray flowers.
- The commonly cultivated species, Helianthus annuus, a native of America.
- A bright yellow, like that of the flower petals.
- (informal, organic chemistry) Any flat, radially symmetric organic compound such as coronene
- sunflower on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Helianthus on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Helianthus on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- sunflower at USDA Plants database
- sunflower on Integrated Taxonomic Information System.