Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: spöke
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 Middle English
spoke (plural spokes)
- A support structure that connects the axle or the hub of a wheel to the rim.
- (nautical) A projecting handle of a steering wheel.
- A rung of a ladder.
- A device for fastening the wheel of a vehicle to prevent it from turning when going downhill.
- One of the outlying points in a hub-and-spoke model of transportation.
part of a wheel
- (transitive) To furnish (a wheel) with spokes.
- simple past tense of
- A spoke (support radiating from the middle of a wheel)
- A sharp spike or projection on the edge of a wheel.