Jump to navigation Jump to search
supputation (plural supputations)
- (obsolete) A calculation or computation; the act of calculating or computing; reckoning
- 1643, Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici:
- The Romans, that erected a Temple to Fortune, acknowledged therein, though in a blinder way, somewhat of Divinity; for in a wise supputation all things begin and end in the Almighty.
- (obsolete) A method or system of calculating or reckoning.
- (obsolete) Estimation; estimate; considered opinion.
- (rare) A pruning or cutting of trees.
- “supputation” in John A. Simpson and Edward S. C. Weiner, editors, The Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1989, →ISBN.
supputation f (plural supputations)