See also: tea room
tearoom (plural tearooms)
- A café which serves tea, usually with light food.
- (euphemistic, slang) A public lavatory, particularly (US gay slang, dated) as a meeting place for homosexual men.
- 1970, Laud Humphreys, Tearoom Trade.
- 1973, Deep Dick, Ch. ii, p. 21:
- 1975, Hard-Headed Dick, Ch. iii, p. 39:
- 2014, A Cultural Encyclopedia of the Penis, p. 216:
- The euphemistically named "tea room" has been used in sexual subcultures among men who have sex with men (MSM) to describe public sex environments, usually public toilets, where men meet other men in sexual interaction... The term itself might be outdated...
- (Australia) A room in a workplace set aside for tea breaks, lunch breaks, snacking, etc.; a break room.
- (cafe): See teahouse
- (public toilet used as a gay meeting place): teahouse, tea house; gingerbread office, cottage (UK); beat (Australia); see also Wikisaurus:bathroom
teahouse — see teahouse