Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: tool kit
toolkit (plural toolkits)
- A set of tools kept together, especially comprising all the tools suitable for some particular type of work.
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light: Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, London: Rider/Hutchinson & Co., page 119:
- The culture of Ice Age humanity expresses a steady growth in the complexity of the tool kit, and a steady growth in complexity of artistic development.
- (by extension) A set of personal abilities, skills, or resources to draw on.
- (computing) A set of software tools or components.
- 1986, PC Mag, volume 5, number 17, page 221:
- Morgan Computing Co.'s Disk Toolkit is the perfect program for speed demons who want a more flexible way to wield DEBUG's power.
- (India, politics) A set of guidelines or instructions.
- (India, politics, derogatory) Instructions to organise a protest.
assembly of tools
set of software components
toolkit m (plural toolkits)