Jump to navigation Jump to search
toolbox (plural toolboxes)
- A storage case for tools.
- (computing) A set of pre-existing routines for use in writing new programs.
- (figuratively) A set of skills or competences
- 2020 December 21, Bryan Lufkin, “How 'linguistic mirroring' can make you more convincing”, in BBC:
- Developing this chameleon-like skill could prove to be a very useful addition to your toolbox for winning people over – and getting ahead.
- (slang) Dumbass or idiot.
- 2007, Alexander Kern, Listen! Listen, Listen, Listen, Listen, Listen!!!:
- From the get go, one can immediately tell that this kid is a fucking toolbox.
storage case for tools
set of routines
- A set of auxiliary devices to tackle a set of related problems, e.g. a package of software for a target group or teaching - or marketing aids on a subject.
- Synonym: gereedschapskist
toolbox f (plural toolboxes)