Jump to navigation Jump to search
triennial (not comparable)
- Happening every three years.
- triennial elections
- 1774-1781, Thomas Warton, History of English Poetry
- They were constantly summoned to a triennial festival : and the most approved songs delivered at this assembly were ordered to be preserved in the custody of the king's historian or antiquary
- Lasting for three years.
- triennial parliaments; a triennial reign
- September 13 1621, James Howell. letter to Sir William Saint John
- Triennial Subsidies
- (rare): trieterical
- (noun): triennium
happening every three years
lasting for three years
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
triennial (plural triennials)
plant that requires threee years to complete its life cycle