Jump to navigation Jump to search
trinket (plural trinkets)
- A small showy ornament or piece of jewelry
- That little trinket around her neck must have cost a bundle.
- A thing of little value; a trifle; a toy.
- It's only a little trinket, but it reminds her of him.
- (nautical) A three-cornered sail formerly carried on a ship's foremast, probably on a lateen yard.
- Sailing always with the sheets of mainsail and trinket warily in our hands.
- (obsolete) A knife; a cutting tool.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Tusser to this entry?)
a small showy ornament or piece of jewelry
a mere trifle
- (obsolete) To give trinkets; to court favour.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of South to this entry?)
- Second-person plural subjunctive I of trinken.