Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ʌnˈkʌmf.tɚ.bəl/, /ʌnˈkʌm.fɚ.tə.bəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʌnˈkʌmf.tə.bəl/, /ʌnˈkʌm.fə.tə.bəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Not comfortable.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 15, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- Edward Churchill still attended to his work in a hopeless mechanical manner like a sleep-walker who walks safely on a well-known round. But his Roman collar galled him, his cossack stifled him, his biretta was as uncomfortable as a merry-andrew's cap and bells.
- The class squirmed and fidgeted in the uncomfortable new chairs.
- Experiencing discomfort.
- Uneasy or anxious.
- Sharing a house with them made me uncomfortable.
- Put off or disgusted.
put off or disgusted
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.