Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
vibe (plural vibes)
- (colloquial) A vibraphone. [earlier 20th c.]
- (colloquial) Vibration. [later 20th c.]
- (originally New Age jargon) An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing. [later 20th c.]
- The couple canceled their night out when they got a bad vibe from the new babysitter.
atmosphere or aura of a person or place as communicated to and felt by others
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) To agree with someone else.
2000 November 1, Vibe, volume 8, page 60:
- Besides, even if you don't vibe with his subject matter, he is a style king of West Coast, down-tempo gangsta-pimp music.
2012, Nikki Carter, Time to Shine, page 9:
- Sam started out being someone I totally vibed with on every level.
2015, Tony Cavanaugh, Kingdom of the Strong:
- Maria took him through the events of the next morning and his recollection vibed with his statement at the time.