Jump to navigation Jump to search
- intentional; deliberate
- 2005, Irvin D. Yalom; Molyn Leszcz, The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy, page 182:
- Knowingly or unknowingly, every therapist assumes that each client possesses the capacity to change through willful choice.
- stubborn and determined
- 1893, Edwin Caskoden, (Please provide the book title or journal name), page 110:
- Mary had taken the whim into her willful head, and Jane could not dissuade her.
- 1995, Francine Rivers, As Sure as the Dawn, page 232:
- "He's as willful as you," Rizpah said. "If you let him hurt himself again, so help me, I'll — "
- 2007, Roger K. Thomas, Kinshu: Autumn Brocade, translation of original by Teru Miyamoto, page 136:
- You had a pampered upbringing, and possessed enough of a willful streak that I wanted to slap you at times