Jump to navigation Jump to search
windscreen (plural windscreens)
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) A transparent screen made of glass, located at the front of a vehicle in order to protect its occupants from the wind and weather.
- Oh no! A vandal has just smashed our windscreen! Susan, can you go and call the insurance company?
- A cover for a microphone to exclude airy noises such as wind and breathing.
- (North America) windshield
windshield — see windshield
- (transitive) To install a windscreen on.