Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
calculator (plural calculators)
- A mechanical or electronic device that performs mathematical calculations.
- (dated) A person who performs mathematical calculation
- A person who calculates (in the sense of scheming).
- (obsolete) A set of mathematical tables.
- (electronic device): electronic calculator, pocket calculator
- (mechanical device): adding machine
- (person who performs mathematical calculations): computer (dated)
- (person who schemes): plotter, schemer
- (mathematical tables): ready reckoner, tables
Derived terms 
Related terms 
electronic device that performs mathematical calculations
mechanical device that performs mathematical calculations
dated: a person who performs mathematical calculations
person who calculates (in the sense of scheming)
set of mathematical tables
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
See also 
- second-person singular future passive imperative of calculō
- "thou shalt be calculated, thou shalt be computed"
- (figuratively) "thou shalt be considered as, thou shalt be esteemed"
- third-person singular future passive imperative of calculō
- "it shall be calculated, it shall be computed"
- (figuratively) "she shall be considered as, she shall be esteemed"
calculator n (plural calculatoare)
- calculator (device), computer