Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɪərɪŋ
- Present participle of clear.
clearing (plural clearings)
- The act or process of making or becoming clear.
- An area of land within a wood or forest devoid of trees.
- An open space in the fog etc.
- (banking, finance) A process of exchanging transaction information and authorisation through a central institution or system to complete and settle those transactions.
- (telecommunications) A sequence of events used to disconnect a call, and return to the ready state.
- (UK) The period in which remaining university places are allocated to remaining students.
- (soccer) The act of removing the ball from one's own goal area by kicking it.
act or process of making or becoming clear
area of land within a wood or forest devoid of trees
open space in the fog etc
process of completing and settling transactions centrally
soccer: act of removing the ball from one's own goal area
- (banking, finance) clearing
Declension of clearing (type risti)