Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I fall down or together, tumble to the ground, collapse, break down, drop.
- I fall down lifeless in combat, I am slaughtered or slain.
- I fall down faint.
- (figuratively) I lose strength or value; I am overthrown or defeated, fail; decay, perish, waste away, go to ruin.
- (figuratively, of the wind) I subside, go down, fall.
Conjugation of concido (third conjugation, active only)
- I cut up, through, away or to pieces, break up.
- (of a person's reputation) I ruin, destroy.
- I cut to pieces, beat severely, cudgel soundly, thrash.
- I cut to pieces in war, cut down, destroy, kill.
- (figuratively, of discourse) I divide minutely, dismember, render feeble.
- (figuratively, by word or deed) I strike down, ruin, destroy, annul.
- (figuratively) I confute, deceive, cheat, defraud.
Conjugation of concido (third conjugation)
- “concido” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.