Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (US) IPA: /lʊər/, /lɔr/, /lɝ/
- (UK) IPA: /ljʊər/, /lɔr/
- Homophone: lore (some accents)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊə(r)
lure (plural lures)
- Something that tempts or attracts, especially one with a promise of reward or pleasure.
- (fishing) An artificial bait attached to a fishing line to attract fish.
- A bunch of feathers attached to a line, used in falconry to recall the hawk.
tempting or attractive object
artificial fishing bait
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Related terms 
Norwegian Bokmål 
Old French 
- lure (bunch of feathers attached to a line, used in falconry to recall the hawk)
- English: lure