Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To throw up or vomit; to eject what has previously been swallowed.
- (transitive) To cough up from the gut to feed its young, as a bird or animal does.
- The young gulls were fed by their mother's regurgitated food.
- (transitive, by extension) To repeat verbatim.
- (intransitive) To be thrown or poured back; to rush or surge back.
- Food may regurgitate from the stomach into the mouth.
- (to throw up or vomit): vomit, throw up, cast, disgorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, upchuck
- See also Wikisaurus:regurgitate
Related terms 
to throw up
to cough up from gut to feed young chicks