Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Situated or lying across; side to side, relative to some defined "forward" direction.
- (geometry, of an intersection) Not tangent: so that a nondegenerate angle is formed between the two things intersecting.
- (lying across): longitudinal
transverse (plural transverses)
- (transitive) To overturn; to change.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of C. Leslie to this entry?)
- (transitive, obsolete) To change from prose into verse, or from verse into prose.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Duke of Buckingham to this entry?)
- vocative masculine singular of transversus