Jump to navigation Jump to search
लग्न • (lagna) n
- James Thomas Molesworth (1857), “लग्न”, in A dictionary, Marathi and English, Bombay: Printed for government at the Bombay Education Society's Press
From लग् (lag)
लग्न • (lagna)
- adhered, adhering or clinging to, attached to, sticking or remaining in, fixed on, intent on, clasping, touching, following closely
- meeting, intersecting, cutting (said of lines)
- immediately ensuing
- auspicious (» comp.)
- furious through being in rut (an elephant)
लग्न • (lagna) m or n
- the point of contact or intersection (of two lines), the point where the horizon intersects the ecliptic or path of the planets Sūryas. VarBṛS.
लग्न • (lagna) m
- the point or arc of the equator which corresponds to a given point or arc of the ecliptic ib.
- the division of the equator which rises in succession with each sign in an oblique sphere ib.
- the point of the ecliptic which at a given time is upon the meridian or at the horizon ( क्षितिजे, लग्नम्, horizon लग्न ; मध्य-लग्नम्, meridian लग्न) ib.
- the moment of the sun's entrance into a zodiacal sign ib.
- the rising of the sun or of the planets ib.
- (astrology) a scheme or figure of the 12 houses or zodiacal signs (used as a horoscope)
- the whole of the first astrological house
- (also with शुभ, शोभन, अनुकूल &c.) an auspicious moment or time fixed upon as lucky for beginning to perform anything
- the decisive moment or time for action, decisive measure
- Telugu: లగ్నము (lagnamu)