Simplified from 廢 (發 → 発)
廃 (radical 53 广+9, 12 strokes, cangjie input 戈弓人心 (INOP), four-corner 00215, composition ⿸广発)
- abrogate, terminate, discard
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 348, character 36
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 9425
- Dae Jaweon: page 659, character 24
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 2, page 894, character 12
- Unihan data for U+5EC3
|For pronunciation and definitions of 廃 – see 廢.
(This character, 廃, is a variant form of 廢.)
This is the simplified form of 廢 that was used in Singapore from 1969 to 1976. Singapore, like the PRC, now uses 废.
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 廢)
- abolish, obsolete
- discarding, abandon
From Sinitic. Abbreviation of 廃人 (haijin), a back-formation from ネトゲ廃人 (netoge haijin, “slang: online games addict”).
廃 (hiragana はい, rōmaji -hai)
- (slang) addict