Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
- to shake, to quake, to sway back and forth
- Jimen ga yureta.
- The earth shook.
- to pitch, to roll, to rock, to toss about (such as a ship on rough seas)
- to jolt or joggle (such as a vehicle)
- to swing back and forth (such as something suspended or hanging)
- to flicker, to waver (such as a flame)
- to tremble, to vibrate
- 揺れ (yure): shaking, swaying, quaking, pitching, rolling, etc. (the noun form of all the above verb senses)
- 揺らす (yurasu): to make something shake, quake, sway, pitch, roll, etc. (the transitive or causative form of all the above verb senses)