Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To shake with small, rapid movements to and fro.
- To resonate.
- Her mind vibrates with excitement.
- To brandish; to swing to and fro.
- to vibrate a sword or a staff
- To mark or measure by moving to and fro.
- a pendulum vibrating seconds
- To affect with vibratory motion; to set in vibration.
- Breath vocalized, that is, vibrated or undulated, may […] impress a swift, tremulous motion.
- Star to star vibrates light.
to move with small movements rapidly
to mark or measure by moving to and fro
- The setting, on a portable electronic device, that causes it to vibrate rather than sound any (or most) needed alarms.
- Please put your cellphones on vibrate for the duration of the meeting.
- vibrate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- vibrate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911