Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Pulsing with energy or activity.
- He has a vibrant personality.
- Lively and vigorous.
- Vibrating, resonant or resounding.
1770, Anthony Champion, “The Empire of Love. / A Philosophical Poem.”, Miscellanies, in Verse and Prose, English and Latin, T. Bensley, for J. White, page 111:
- Mock their pale vigils, void and vain, / Whether, more curious than humane, / Like Augurs old, they pore / On the still-vibrant fibre's frame;
1905, David Thomas Ffrangcon-Davies, The Singing of the Future, J. Lane, page 258:
- A vibrant voice in the true sense is of course desirable
- (of a colour) Bright.
pulsing with energy or activity
lively and vigorous
vibrating, resonant or resounding
- vibrant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “vibrant”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911