This character is listed in the Kangxi dictionary (正字通) as the unorthodox character (俗字) of 鑽.
鑚 (radical 167 金+15, 23 strokes, cangjie input 金手人金 (CQOC), composition ⿰釒賛)
- KangXi: page 1325, character 27
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 41009
- Dae Jaweon: page 1826, character 23
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 4269, character 8
- Unihan data for U+945A
|For pronunciation and definitions of 鑚 – see 鑽 (“to drill, pierce, diamond”).
(This character, 鑚, is a variant form of 鑽.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 鑽)
- Alternative form of 鑽 (to start a fire)
This is an extended shinjitai character that was added to JIS X 0208 in 1990.