Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ia"
Inherited from Latin -(i)ēbam (first person) and -(i)ēbat (third person).
- suffix indicating the first-person singular imperfect indicative of -er and -ir verbs
- suffix indicating the third-person singular imperfect indicative of -er and -ir verbs
-ía f (plural -ías)
- forms nouns, from adjectives, denoting states, conditions and qualities; -ness; -ity; -y; -hood
- (medicine) forms the names of medical conditions; -y; -ia
- forms the names of offices or jobs; -ship
- (geography) forms the names of places from their inhabitants; -ia
- “-ía”, in Diccionario de la lengua española, Vigésima tercera edición, Real Academia Española, 2014