Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: city
- (Britain, with the definite article) A popular shortened form of the City of London, the historic core of London where the Roman settlement of Londinium was established.
- (Britain, with the definite article) A metonym for the United Kingdom's financial industries, which are principally based in the City of London.
- (with the definite article) A popular name (not always capitalized) for any of several other cities in metropolitan areas (such as San Francisco).
- (soccer) A nickname for Manchester City Football Club, an English football club.
- City will reportedly look to have a fee for Aguero.
UK financial sector
- (City of London): the Square Mile
- (finance, with definite article) the City
City f (genitive City, plural Citys)
- city center, downtown, central business district
Wir fahren heute Nachmittag in die City.
- We’re going downtown this afternoon.