Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Élisabeth
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 German
- 4 Norwegian
- 5 Swedish
- The mother of John the Baptist according to the Christian and Islamic scriptures; called Elizabeth in some English translations of the Bible.
- A female given name, a less common form of Elizabeth in English.
female given name — see Elizabeth
variants and pet forms
-  Danskernes Navne, based on CPR data: 65 803 females with the given name Elisabeth, typically as a second given name, have been registered in Denmark between about 1890 (=the population alive in 1967) and January 2005, with the frequency peak in the 1910s. Accessed on 19 May 2011.
- Anneliese, Bettina, Elisa, Elise, Elli, Elly, Elsa, Else, Ilse, Isabel, Isabella, Isabelle, Lieselotte, Lili, Lilli, Lilly, Lisa, Liselotte, Marlies, Sissi.
- Kristoffer Kruken - Ola Stemshaug: Norsk personnamnleksikon, Det Norske Samlaget, Oslo 1995, →ISBN
-  Statistisk sentralbyrå, Namnestatistikk: 17 572 females with the given name Elisabeth (compared to 917 named Elisabet) living in Norway on January 1st 2011, with the frequency peak in the 1970s. Accessed on April 18th, 2011.
Elisabeth c (genitive Elisabeths)
- Roland Otterbjörk: Svenska förnamn, Almqvist & Wiksell 1996, →ISBN
-  Statistiska centralbyrån and Sture Allén, Staffan Wåhlin, Förnamnsboken, Norstedts 1995, →ISBN: 201 328 females with the given name Elisabeth (compared to 151 080 named Elisabet) living in Sweden on December 31st, 2010, with the frequency peak in the 1960s. Accessed on 19 June 2011.