See also: Appendix:Variations of "hun"
Hun (plural Huns)
- A member of a nomadic tribe, the Huns, most likely of Turkic origin, which invaded Europe in the fourth century from Central Asia.
- (figuratively) a vandal, a barbarian, an uncivilized destructive person
- (slang, derogatory, Britain) A German (popular in the media since World War I)
- (slang, derogatory, Britain, Ireland) A Protestant.
- (derogatory term for a German): Fritz, Jerry, Kraut
- (derogatory term for a Protestant): Prod, Proddy, orangie, Orangeman
member of nomadic tribe
derogatory: German — see Fritz
German — see German