Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A common place name or element of a place name (i.e. Newport Beach, Newport Bay).
- A city in Arkansas, USA, and the county seat of Jackson County.
- A town in Delaware
- A town on the Isle of Wight in England, where it is the administrative centre.
- A town in Indiana, and the county seat of Vermillion County.
- One of two towns in Ireland
- A city in Kentucky, and one of the two county seats of Campbell County.
- A town in Maine
- A city in Minnesota
- A village in Nebraska
- A town in New Hampshire, and the county seat of Sullivan County.
- A town and village in New York
- A town in North Carolina
- A city in Oregon, and the county seat of Lincoln County.
- A borough in Pennsylvania
- A seaside city on Aquidneck Island in Newport County, Rhode Island, United States.
- A census-designated place in South Carolina
- A city in Tennessee, and the county seat of Cocke County.
- A city and a town in Orleans County, Vermont; the city is the county seat of Orleans County.
- A cathedral and university city and unitary authority in southeast Wales.
- A city in Washington
- A town in Wisconsin