Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (art, Britain) Initialism of Royal Society of Arts.
- (Australia, hospitality) Initialism of Responsible Service of Alcohol. (a qualification and permit for bar staff)
1999, Linda A. Jerris, Human Resources Management for Hospitality, page 516:
- The Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) is more than just a training course. It is a complete system which includes training, testing, reporting and operational policy and procedures support.
- 2007, Transitions Abroad, Volume 30, Issues 4-6, page 65,
- Note that it may be necessary to acquire a certificate, for example the RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) and/ or RCG (Responsible Conduct of Gambling) before being eligible for employment on licensed premises.
2007, Peter Rix, Marketing: A Practical Approach, page 3:
- Add in tighter RSA (responsible service of alcohol) and the need to control crowd behaviour, and you can see it′s a fine line we have to tread.
- 2008, George Dunford, Matthew D. Firestone, Anthony Ham, The Big Trip: Your Ultimate Guide to Gap Years and Overseas Adventures, Lonely Planet, page 127,
- In Australia, for example, many employers require you to complete a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) course, a six-hour course about when to stop serving customers who have had a little too much.
- (cryptography) Initialism of the Rivest-Shamir-Adleman encryption algorithm.
- (politics) Initialism of Republic of South Africa.