Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The inflected forms with -ö- are Ripuarian, those with -ä- are Moselle Franconian.
- stick, staff, broken-off twig
- floor, storey (UK), story (US), level
- im dritten Stock — on the third floor
- stock, supply (but only in commercial terminology and much less common than in English)
- (card games) stock of undealt cards
- the entirety of roots of a plant; stock
- (short for Bienenstock) hive; beehive
- The official plural is Stöcke.
- The alternative plural Stöcker is used in northern and eastern Germany (chiefly in colloquial usage).
Declension of Stock