See also: Strasse
- Strasse (Switzerland and Liechtenstein)
- street; road (a way wide enough to be passable for vehicles, generally paved, in or outside a settlement)
Das Kind überquerte die Straße.
- The child crossed the street.
Diese Straße führt nach Kirchdorf.
- This road goes to Kirchdorf.
Die Straße ist für den Verkehr gesperrt.
- The street is closed for traffic.
- carriageway (the part of a road or street used by vehicles, excluding the pavement, etc.)
- strait (channel of water)
- (poker) straight
- Ways too narrow for vehicles to pass are usually called Weg, if between houses also Gasse. In old cities, narrow paths may still be called Straße, particularly if the word is part of the names of these streets.
Declension of Straße
Terms derived from Straße
- Str. (abbreviation)
- Straße in Duden online