The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.
I don't think that this is used as a verb. It might be an alternate spelling of misspelling of infinitive and 1st, 2nd, 3rd pl. present forms of "count down". But my thinking is mostly based on the implausiblity of the inflected forms, wherever the inflecting morphemes are placed. DCDuring 15:27, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- I'm definitely inclined to agree. Countdowning...hah. — [ ric ] opiaterein — 15:35, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Remove. I just double-checked "countdown" in every dictionary entry turned up by Onelook and in the OED as well. None of them recognizes a verb sense. -- WikiPedant 20:10, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
2 rfd senses for 2 PoS:
- Proper noun: wrong case. name of UK TV show.
- Verb: doesn't inflect, ought to be count-down or count down
- RfV not likely to help. DCDuring 18:40, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.
- Easily cited. I have added three quotes to the entry. Kiwima (talk) 19:40, 9 May 2016 (UTC)