Some references to "jigger" in the metasyntacic sense (not the most common but out there):
- A Usenet post
- An online dictionary sourced from Webster 1913
- How To Build A Thingamajig (appears on a few sites)
- A Usenet post quoting from Digital Webster
- A Usenet post quoting from Encarta World English Dictionary
- A Usenet post with a fair bit of Aussie slang
— Hippietrail 13:13, 9 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- I had meant to leave you a note of apology for too-hastily removing the category marker. Just the sort of thing I complain about when others do it (though at least I did check google first) -dmh 17:17, 10 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- Hmm . . . of these, only the last really supports the "metasyntactic" sense, but it's pretty strong ("the whole jigger cost A$30"). The first one supports the verb use, and the rest appear to be references. In any case, I'd consider the metasyntactic sense rare, but certainly valid. -dmh 17:22, 10 Jan 2005 (UTC)
The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion.
This is an rfv-sense for the definition "a spliff". --Jeffqyzt 19:47, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- The fact it was added out of order (as the primary sense, no less) by an anon IP is a pretty good indication it is just vandalism. --Connel MacKenzie 19:56, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- Do we have "primary" senses (except as obviously, the actual order)? In any case, it seemed somewhat plausible despite the dodgy nature of the contribution. I don't claim to have any great familiarity with drug culture terms. --Jeffqyzt 15:21, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
RFV failed. Sense removed.