Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To lessen (either quantity or amount).
- To shorten or reduce in duration or time.
- To abridge or condense; to make into less words.
- To palliate, mitigate, or ameliorate; to make less dire.
- To terminate, stop, or block; to cause the end of.
- (rare) To restrict one's rights or privileges.
- (rare) To lessen in length or distance.
- (rare) To change to take less time.
- (rare) To release from something.
Conjugation of abreggen (weak in -ed)
1Sometimes used as a formal 2nd-person singular.
- English: abridge