Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌæktɪˈveɪʃən/
Audio (southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌæktəˈveɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Making active and effective; bringing into a state of activity.
- 2021 November 3, “Network News: GA suffers cancellations and delays caused by alarm activations”, in RAIL, number 943, page 17:
- Alarm activations cause the driver to have to stop the train - and in some cases walk back to reset it. The activations caused 1,032 minutes of delays and nine cancellations.
- (physics) The process of making a radioisotope by bombarding a stable element with neutrons or protons.
- (biochemistry) The process by which molecules are made able to react.
- (marketing) The promotion of a brand through an event or campaign.
- activation analysis
- activation energy
- activation record
- CH activation
- health activation
- neutron activation analysis
process through which molecules are made able to react
activation f (plural activations)