- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈsɜːʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈsɜɹʃən/, [əˈsɝʃᵊn]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)ʃən
assertion (plural assertions)
- The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- You're a man of strong assertions!
- A statement or declaration which lacks support or evidence.
- That's just a bare assertion.
- Maintenance; vindication
- the assertion of one's rights or prerogatives
- (computing) A statement in a program asserting a condition expected to be true at a particular point, used in debugging.
affirmation; statement asserted
assertion f (plural assertions)