Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Barter
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɑːtə(ɹ)/
- (US) enPR: bärʹ-tər, IPA(key): /ˈbɑɹtəɹ/, [ˈbɑɹɾəɹ]
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)tə(ɹ)
- An exchange of goods or services without the use of money.
- We had no money so we had to live by barter.
- The goods or services used in such an exchange.
- The man used his watch as barter to pay for his tab.
exchange of goods or services
goods or services
- (transitive, intransitive) To exchange goods or services without involving money.
- She bartered a bonsai for one of the rare books in my library.
- You may be able to barter for some of the items you need at the local market.
exchange goods or services without involving money
- Eipper, Christopher, STATEMENT OF THE ORIGIN, CONDITION, AND PROSPECTS, OF THE GERMAN MISSION TO THE ABORIGINES AT MORETON BAY, CONDUCTED UNDER THE AUSPICES OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN NEW SOUTH WALES, 1841.