Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔːɹəl
binaural (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, affecting, or designed for use with two ears.
- 2011, anonymous author, “Gnaural : An opensource binaural-beat generator”, in Sourceforge.net, retrieved 2013-09-08:
- In 1839, German experimenter Heinrich Wilhelm Dove discovered that illusory "beats" are perceived when pure tones of slightly different frequency are separately and simultaneously presented to each ear. Dove's insight was to realize that since there is no acoustic mixing of the tones, the perceived beats must exist solely within the auditory system, specifically that part which processes binaural (e.g., "stereo") sound.
of or designed for use with two ears
- Synonym of
binaural (strong nominative masculine singular binauraler, not comparable)
Positive forms of binaural (uncomparable)
- “binaural” in Digitales Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache
- “binaural” in Uni Leipzig: Wortschatz-Lexikon
binaural m or f (masculine and feminine plural binaurales)